Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4WDing

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
You are never going to get the distance out of LED that you do out of HID/ Spotties, not at the moment at least.

Id compromise, Roof mounted LED bar and a couple spotties on the front bar.

I drove to Qld the other week and doing the highway at 4am with the Lightbar going is just awesome for the spread of light. I personally dont bother with spotties as I am happy with the distance i get from the LED's

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Anyone with thoughts or comments on Bridgestone Dueler AT tyres? They're practically brand new and I was looking at going for some ATs anyway so I'm just wondering how they perform on intermediate skill level terrain.

A work mate has duelers on his Nav, he came out once with me, and the tyres handled everything for a moderate day, his driving didnt (definitly not the tyres). I would recommend for an AT if they are on the car. If i was personelly BUYING new AT's id look at BFGoodrich.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Can anyone give some input on a few things..

K&N style filter - worth the money? I've heard the oil can actually clog up with dust fairly quick so they need more regular cleaning.

Turbo timers, yay or nay? I was told that with modern diesel engines with modern synthetic lubricants and engine/component material composition that they're not really worth it unless you're doing a lot of towing or anything that will build up excessive heat in the turbo. For every day driving I was told that when you are getting ready to get out of the car just let it idle for the 30-odd seconds it takes to unbelt and grab your things and last thing you do before you exit is turn the car off.

Water/diesel seperators - is the extra insurance worth it or are they another tool for paranoid diesel drivers?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I run a KN air filter in mine, mainly just for the cleaning ability, Last paper filter I took out had about 2kg of dust in it, I can see when the KN is getting dirty also, But I only really bought it so I can take it out and wash it whenever.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Could try the Lukey airfilter? (if they make them for your car) they are easily washable and dont need oil. (Used both lukey n K&N in my commy and difference is minimal)
Just my 2 cents...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Turbo timers are more wank factor than anything else. Unless your car is a tractor and pulls hard with 600+ EGT's all day then it won't get hot enough to warrant one. Ordinary everyday driving, just switch it off.

The pod on my Rangie needs cleaning after every run. Oiled type filters get dirty pretty quick, especially when it's dusty. I'm moving it to the roof through a snorkel soon, hopefully it will stay a bit cleaner up there.

The filter in the engine bay has a water separator built in with a sensor.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Then you would be forever cleaning the pre filter. But that is the best option, yes. Carry a couple of spares with you as well, so if it gets really dirty, just swap it over and clean them when you get home.