Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4WDing

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
So myself and Rick (Sabbath) went on a cruise to Toolangi (VIC) with a random crew from the 4x4earth forum on Saturday. Started at a joint called two hills which are a pair of steep, heavily rutted and loose stone covered tracks which get you up to the top where the real tracks in and around the Yarra State Forest start.

So Sab was in his new 80 series cruiser and myself on the first run in my new 4Runner.

Day started well, Sab went up the hill first, got a bit stuck, made it up in the end. I got 3/4's of the way up the first track, couldn't get enough traction (my set of M/T's are absolutely shot with zero tread) to get over the last hurdle, so crawled back down the hill in reverse, tried the second hill, got stuck again and like a stab in the heart, had to get the snatch strap out and get pulled to the top by the cruise organiser in his GU Patrol (Nissan vs Toyota rivalry begins).

Day got progressively more interesting as the bog holes got bigger and bigger, finally culiminating in a big bog hole which Sab tried, got bogged and myself in the 4Runner had to snatch strap him out of, coming milimeters away from smashing into a tree in the process. The very next bog hole, unfortunately sab got a bit of battle damage so we both rage quit and went home.

Good hang out and bit of fun with the new 4x4's, unfortunately got a shopping list ahead of me to make the 4runner as capable as I want it to be, Sab has to deal with some panel damage, but other than that, we had a blast :D

Some photo's of the day:

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

253324_589762061042295_432904914_n.jpg

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
If its an LED light bar you're after I can get you a good price froma mate of mine who is a Mechanic for "Roo Systems"...

If you have picked up a 4wdAction mag you would have seen the company...

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Toyota 105 series Landcruiser
Looks like you had a fun trip Hama.
Where do we post build threads for our 4x4's?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Looks like you had a fun trip Hama.
Where do we post build threads for our 4x4's?

Under the My Rides subforum there is a Misc section, that's where I put mine.

Just an amendment to Hamas post, we actually went in off Marginal Rd and the track he had the dramas on was Rocky Tk.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
here all my toys loaded up ready to embark on a journey to a new house in a new town lol.....

in the snow...

and seeing how some 37's sat on it...... (im 6ft4 btw) couldn't drive on them though

the 75 in the corner couldn't get the front wheels up there hehe......that's about a 3 foot step

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
and for that people that know Toyota's....

yes this a LN65 84 model hilux, 6 inch lift, high steer conversion, inverted rear shock, KZN130 surf wiring transplant with the semi climate control, shift on the fly 4x4, 6 window dash cluster, with the icing on the cake, a 1KZ 3.0 Turbo diesel fitted to it...

full nut and bolt reco, sandblasted chassis and re-painted, full cab strip and repaint in poison ivy, dash resprayed, new roof trim

that's my 2 year old god son standing next to it

and a sound clip (and it does do good chassis rocking hehe)

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
and for that people that know Toyota's....

yes this a LN65 84 model hilux, 6 inch lift, high steer conversion, inverted rear shock, KZN130 surf wiring transplant with the semi climate control, shift on the fly 4x4, 6 window dash cluster, with the icing on the cake, a 1KZ 3.0 Turbo diesel fitted to it...

full nut and bolt reco, sandblasted chassis and re-painted, full cab strip and repaint in poison ivy, dash resprayed, new roof trim

that's my 2 year old god son standing next to it

and a sound clip (and it does do good chassis rocking hehe)

Was that a hard conversion to do mate? My uncle has an extra cab version of this he just uses around his property, no rust, matt black, interior rough and 202 powered. Would be a great daily with a little bit of work and a turbo diesel...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
the engine swap is easy, easiest way to do it is lift the cab off chassis, then have you motor and gearbox ready to go, have the engine mounts grinded off the chassis and mounted to the motor. Then its just a matter of lifting the motor and gearbox into the frame, bolting the transmission to the original mount, square it all up then weld the engine mounts back on....

hardest part for me is the wiring conversion, laying the wiring loom in is pretty easy, but fitting the instrument cluster and the surf a/c parts is a nightmare.

other thing is for the engine computer you need to have an electronic speedo signal for the engine management to run properly, the problem with that is the orginial is mechanical... and you can get an adapter to do both, so your kinda forced into doing the whole wiring conversion

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
That looks alot different to Farmer Browns farm truck you once took me for a ride through town in :beer chug: