Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0 litre advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Click17, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Click17

Click17 New Member

Members Ride:
    97' commodore ute
    I have a 2000 model vs series 111 5.0 litre commodore ute and looking to buy some extractors, exhaust system and potentially a cold air intake for it. Just wondering what brand of exhaust/extractors are best? which brand etc. any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. DevilDRake

DevilDRake Braaaap

Members Ride:
    2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
    Most of them sound pretty good on a 5L. Gets like Pacemakers, Hurricanes, Genies, Dillfillipo, etc.. Exhausts you just get catbacks or and hi-flow cats.

As for the CAI, I'm not sure on 5L's. Is yours on the side like mine or is it OTRCAI worthy?

3. savage1987

savage1987 Donating Member

Members Ride:
    LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
    My general rule for 304s.....

Extractors: buy whatever you can find second hand. Won't cost you more than $150 or so. Fit yourself although it is a massive pain in the arse and it can be tricky to do without burning the car down if you're lazy and don't remove the battery first :p

Exhaust: personally I like to sacrifice flow optimisation for pure sound value. Twin 2.5inch the whole way. Don't waste that beautiful sound with a shitty system :)

Intake: holesaw down through the guard under the airbox if it's a VN (pre frontal crash ADRs) and flexi pipe straight to the front bumper. Only downside to this is you need to lose the vacuum ball so your vents won't go where you point them unless the motor is running. If it's a VP/R/S, the MACE airbox is probably the best option IMO unless you want to use a HSV intake that bolts up to the fan shroud... but that requires keeping the clutch fan so I don't like this option much.

Sam

4. Pantherwagon

Pantherwagon New Member

Members Ride:
    VS executive panther mica factory 5.0 wagon
    Are vn heads the same as vp heads?? Thanks fellas

5. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
    Yes. All vn-vs heads are the same on the standard 304’s. VT 304 are slightly different in combustion chamber shape but bolt up the same.