Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0 litre advice

Click17

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' commodore ute
I have a 2000 model vs series 111 5.0 litre commodore ute and looking to buy some extractors, exhaust system and potentially a cold air intake for it. Just wondering what brand of exhaust/extractors are best? which brand etc. any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Most of them sound pretty good on a 5L. Gets like Pacemakers, Hurricanes, Genies, Dillfillipo, etc.. Exhausts you just get catbacks or and hi-flow cats.

As for the CAI, I'm not sure on 5L's. Is yours on the side like mine or is it OTRCAI worthy?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
My general rule for 304s.....

Extractors: buy whatever you can find second hand. Won't cost you more than $150 or so. Fit yourself although it is a massive pain in the arse and it can be tricky to do without burning the car down if you're lazy and don't remove the battery first :p

Exhaust: personally I like to sacrifice flow optimisation for pure sound value. Twin 2.5inch the whole way. Don't waste that beautiful sound with a shitty system :)

Intake: holesaw down through the guard under the airbox if it's a VN (pre frontal crash ADRs) and flexi pipe straight to the front bumper. Only downside to this is you need to lose the vacuum ball so your vents won't go where you point them unless the motor is running. If it's a VP/R/S, the MACE airbox is probably the best option IMO unless you want to use a HSV intake that bolts up to the fan shroud... but that requires keeping the clutch fan so I don't like this option much.

Sam

Pantherwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive panther mica factory 5.0 wagon
Are vn heads the same as vp heads?? Thanks fellas