Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0 vt ss miss fire, need help

garygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt ss commedore 5.0 auto
hello all

my 1999 vt ss 170km auto, currently has a miss-fire and splutter to it after a distributor replacement was done. symptoms appear in idle and throughout the rev range. when driving, the higher the gear the more violent it is. fault codes 32, 35 and 49 are present. disconnecting battery dosent clear codes

mechanic believes this has nothing to do with the distributor fitted and suggest injector lume or computer failure
-bullsh!t, they werent a problem before the distributor was fitted

another auto-mechanic test o.k on my sparks, leads, coil and suggest blocked injector
-mmm...maybe, so then my distributor failed and injector blocked at exactly the same time?...unlikely

holden mechanic suggest electro-magnetic interference
-and for him to say anything more i needed to start paying $119 p/hr.....tosser!

bare in mind, my car ran perfectly until one 'freak' incident where it wouldnt start and i replaced the distributor as no original/ genuine CAS for my bosch were available.

Autolab who have an original/ genuine CAS suggest have my old distributor reconditioned and fitted.
-bang-on! i agree

first ill do new sparks and leads and check timing, then CAS. if there is no improvement ill eliminate IAC, air-flow sensor and ignition module from list of suspects before exploring any further.

working on a low budget

Looking for feedback, what do you reckon?

Last edited:

garygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt ss commedore 5.0 auto
fitted bosch platnuim sparks, no.6 spark was loose...mmm i wounder?

There is an improvement, still not perfect