Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0l holley 350

fitykemp

VH SL/E 1981
Reaction score
Members Ride
81 SL/E
hey guys, just wondering if a holley 350 two barrel carb would be better for my vh 5.0l fuel economy wise? its got the 4 barrel quaddy at the moment. cheers guys

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
waste of time and money and will get you a canary for not complying with ADR 27A (emmisions), I reckon you'd be better off getting the quaddy jetted and set up right by someone who knows how to tune them and it'll **** all over a holley for power AND economy, I knew someone who tried both 4 barrel holleys and quaddys on a 307 chev. the idea of a 4 barrel is that you cruise around on the primaries (essentially a 2 barrel) and when you give it heaps the secondaries assist in delivering grunt. good luck.

fitykemp

VH SL/E 1981
Reaction score
Members Ride
81 SL/E
cheers mate thats good advice. ill look into it and try get it tuned properly. thanks again

G

Grantis1976

my sisters HZ/202/extractors has a 350 holley, complete with 54/54 jets. Runs like a dream, good on fuel. You may need to step up to a 465cfm holley.

Good Luck !!:driving:

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeah from what iv been told the 350 hololey is too small even for a 253, good for a 202 though, my mate had one on a vc 202 and it flew, yeah beast beat is to get the carby rejetted, unless ur chassing big power and doing engine mods to suit, i'm hotting up my vk 308 and am still toying with the idea off rejetting my quaddy or bolting a 650 holley on, at the moment the holley is winning for me, but mines not a daily driver and i'm putting it on a mildly worked 308, good luck though.

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
From SM re rebuilding 202.

Shows them using a 500 holley. Shows that a 350 wasnt up to the task.

grunt9.jpg

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
it showed a 500 isdnt up to task either, why bother with a 500cfm 2 barrel when you get more tuning control from say a 450 4 barrel? played around with all 3 options, we found the 450 was the pick of those holleys on a hotted up 202.

G

Grantis1976

the article in SM was fantastic. Just remember, the 500cfm wqas for the engine package, not just the YT head. It would be like sticking a 1150dominator on the 350chev. because they use them at Willowbank to pull 8's.

:driving:

M

mintvcsle

hi guys Ive been checking this site out for a while and I love it! So I decided to join up! With your carby on your 5.0 fitykemp get in touch with the dudes from proaction performance in adelaide helped me heaps with me carby