Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0L VS Statesman won't start

ruler71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5.0L Police interceptor, VS 11 Statesman 5.0L
Hi,
My 5.0L VS Statesman SeriesII will not start in the morning unless I start it before I go to bed. If I drive it and park it, it will not start. If I park it and then start it after I have turned it off it will start later on. Some times I hold the key on start and it will take about 10 seconds before it cranks. The funny thing is when I start it before I go to bed it will start every time thereafter. I can start it for weeks if I don't drive it. But if I do drive it and then don't start it again before I go to bed it can take up to 10 minutes before it starts the next time. I usually get sick of waiting and ride my bike. The red flashing light in not flashing when I try to start the car. The key locks and unlocks the car with the security light going on and off as it should. I don't know what is going on with it. Is it a BCM problem? Sometimes I stop at a servo get petrol and it may take 5 minutes to crank and start. My Statesman needs help before I go insane.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
10 seconds before it cranks or before it starts?

ruler71

Reaction score
Members Ride
10 seconds before it even thinks about cranking. It always starts whenever it cranks. Problem is it doesn't always crank.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Maybe check the lug on the little wire on the starter motor(i think its purple but cant be sure), they become loose after a while and it migh be your problem if it has intermittant contact.

ruler71

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the tip I will check it out tomorrow. I hope I can work it out soon because driving the wifes XR6 is a bit embarassing.