Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0Ltr VR Statesman Air Cond/Fan WONT TURN OFF !!!

5.0L StatesMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Statesman 5.0 litre
My '94 V8 Statesman VR Climate Control /Air-Con Cant be turned off !!

It happened the other day when i pulled up at a mates, I noticed the air-con/blower fan kept going after switching the key off, conveniently blowing away at full speed. When car is started the vent can be heard shutting/opening and the fan speed gets reduced. Ive tried pressing everything including the "OFF" button but still can not make the fan stop.

The only way to stop it is to disconnect a battery terminal, so It wont flatten the battery while the car is not going. When terminal is re-connected it resumes its unwanted gale-force as it pleases .Which is getting rather annoying.

I tried removing the fuses both in car & under bonnet but have had no luck getting the right one. Also tried temporarily unplugging what looked to be the wire harness connecting the blower motor near glovebox.But was only rewarded by a new problem .

The Climate console now shows a X in a square above the Circulatory/Re-circulatory display icon, and I can no longer switch between them.

Can someone PLEASE point me in the location of the right fuse/relay to remove to terminate power from reaching the Air/Con ?
Of course I'd prefer to remedy the problem itself if possible if you can help there too !!
Being a V8 auto ,a flat battery is my main concern to avoid :undead:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
replace the blown park light fuse....
and put all the other fuses back in

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
My '94 V8 Statesman VR Climate Control /Air-Con Cant be turned off !!

It happened the other day when i pulled up at a mates, I noticed the air-con/blower fan kept going after switching the key off, conveniently blowing away at full speed. When car is started the vent can be heard shutting/opening and the fan speed gets reduced. Ive tried pressing everything including the "OFF" button but still can not make the fan stop.

The only way to stop it is to disconnect a battery terminal, so It wont flatten the battery while the car is not going. When terminal is re-connected it resumes its unwanted gale-force as it pleases .Which is getting rather annoying.

I tried removing the fuses both in car & under bonnet but have had no luck getting the right one. Also tried temporarily unplugging what looked to be the wire harness connecting the blower motor near glovebox.But was only rewarded by a new problem .

The Climate console now shows a X in a square above the Circulatory/Re-circulatory display icon, and I can no longer switch between them.

Can someone PLEASE point me in the location of the right fuse/relay to remove to terminate power from reaching the Air/Con ?
Of course I'd prefer to remedy the problem itself if possible if you can help there too !!
Being a V8 auto ,a flat battery is my main concern to avoid :undead:

Your Fan Amplifier has blown up, its basically like the resistor for the fan in the lower spec models without climate control. As a temporary measure you can remove the BLOWER fuseable link under the bonnet, and that will shut off the fan.

The Fan Amplifier is located under that plastic cover where the wipers are at the base of the windscreen. I had mine replaced a few years ago in the Berlina, and it cost about $140 for the part then, and that was genuine from Holden, with 12 months warranty also.

Re the X showing in the climate display, that means there is an error in the system, and chances are is that you have unplugged the wiring for the recirc servo, so just plug that back in and you should be fine.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
As Harvs82 said, the fan amplifier is gone. Common problem. There is the easy fix which is simply to replace the part itself, however if your handy with the soldering iron you can open the amplifier up and replace the part that goes for about $10. Let me know if youre interested and I will have a search around for the post that had all the details. If you arent handy with the soldering iron but still want to get the part resoldered just ask on here too and there will be someone more than happy to help you out.

Here you go: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ls/6121-fan-amplifier-vs-climate-control.html