Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.7 commodore manual conversion

Jack guthrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7 holden commodore ss
I'm looking at buying a 1999 holden commodore with an auto box in it. any ideas how much it would cost to put a manual transmission in it? because it is a good buy but I want to know the costs involved

thanks in advance

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
clutch$$$ pedals$$$$$ manual diff$$$$$$$ manual ecu$$$$$$$$ manual centre console$$$$$$$$ ....................
It would be cheaper to just buy it manual they only made a few more thousand in auto

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Unless you love the car and have invested significant time and money into it, it's cheaper to sell and buy a manual. Even if you can do all the work yourself, you'd be looking at a few grand.

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
Sure it can be done but i still feel it would work out cheaper to just buy it manual but if you are doing all the work yourself i guess it will cost what the parts add up to be bearing in mind you wouldn't have much change out of a few grand with the clutch alone,it's up to you buddy

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Buy a manual car. It's a bigger job than you think to change to manual. The 5.7 uses the T56 with hydraulic clutch, not an easy to fit cable. The engine bay is very tight even before fitting the clutch pipes and master cylinder. The total cost, even fitting it yourself, would be greater than just finding a manual car.