Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.7 trans warning light

holden81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 5.7
having trouble with the trans warning light coming on, Holden seem to think its the oxygen sensor, I have headers and a big bore that was on the car when I got it. Any ideas of ways around this problem?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I assume mean check engine light. When that light comes on it logs an error code, did Holden check for codes or just offer an opinion? Finding out what code it is will help us to help you.

holden81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 5.7
wow I sound dumb now! Its the orange light with the lighting bolt in it thought that was trans? They did test and reset code but they were not very clear what code it was

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
wow I sound dumb now! Its the orange light with the lighting bolt in it thought that was trans? They did test and reset code but they were not very clear what code it was

That light is the check engine light but don't feel dumb because I didn't know what it was called the first time I saw it either. Holden should have told you which code it was but they can be pretty secretive sometimes. Has the light come back on since they reset it?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
yep comes on and off. car running fine though
I would go back and ask them which code it was, you did pay them after all (well I'm assuming you did since they don't usually do things for free). Once we know what the code number is we can probably advise you better.