Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.7ltr 355 COME racing twin throttle instructions...

dbwgirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator 5.7ltr
Where to start...
I've just bought a 93 VR HSV Senator 355 5.7ltr 6 speed manual with a hydrotrack diff with only 122000 on the clock (and genuine:dance:), to start with I was proud of the find being a rareish car, only to find that now I'm pulling the whole thing down and redoing it all (better):D that it's really hard to find stuff, I work at Holden and half of the bits used to make these sample 6 speed strokers they didn't continue onto the VS which is why they were a trial car so I've had to get alot of stuff reco'd, so I've had the box pulled out and that's now all done, diff only needed tightening, I've get a mate who builds engines for a living so don't stress Holden aren't doing it for me and no I wouldn't attemp it, I'm a girl...
But the reason I'm here is I've caught a snag and I'm stuck, I bought a COME racing twin throttle body manifold (58mm) and I didn't get any instuction manual on it:bang: (I got it through a mate) and I was hoping there maybe someone on here that has fitted one and could I get a copy of the instructions on fitting it, I'd be happy for email fax mail, what ever is easy.
I've got it nearly there, I've put in flat top pistons, roller rockers, a fair sized cam (not the biggest), pacemakers and I want my baby to be all lumpy and throaty, but I can't start her up yet.
Ok, I'm new to the site but kinda get how they work, and I've done a search on COME instructions and manuals, and nothing so if anyone could help me that would be super:bow:.
Cheers
Shez :) :thumbsup:

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Where to start...
I've just bought a 93 VR HSV Senator 355 5.7ltr 6 speed manual with a hydrotrack diff with only 122000 on the clock (and genuine:dance:), to start with I was proud of the find being a rareish car, only to find that now I'm pulling the whole thing down and redoing it all (better):D that it's really hard to find stuff, I work at Holden and half of the bits used to make these sample 6 speed strokers they didn't continue onto the VS which is why they were a trial car so I've had to get alot of stuff reco'd, so I've had the box pulled out and that's now all done, diff only needed tightening, I've get a mate who builds engines for a living so don't stress Holden aren't doing it for me and no I wouldn't attemp it, I'm a girl...
But the reason I'm here is I've caught a snag and I'm stuck, I bought a COME racing twin throttle body manifold (58mm) and I didn't get any instuction manual on it:bang: (I got it through a mate) and I was hoping there maybe someone on here that has fitted one and could I get a copy of the instructions on fitting it, I'd be happy for email fax mail, what ever is easy.
I've got it nearly there, I've put in flat top pistons, roller rockers, a fair sized cam (not the biggest), pacemakers and I want my baby to be all lumpy and throaty, but I can't start her up yet.
Ok, I'm new to the site but kinda get how they work, and I've done a search on COME instructions and manuals, and nothing so if anyone could help me that would be super:bow:.
Cheers
Shez :) :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't help you myself, but have you asked anyone at work? Surely one of the mechs at work will give you some pointers at the very least :)

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
they bolt on pretty much he same as the standard manifold did im not sure if they run the same manifold gaskets the hardest part is throttle cables and intake pipes dont worry you will be able to do this easy no stress

dbwgirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator 5.7ltr
Yeah the throttle cable seems fairly self explainetry but its the stuff on the left hand side looking at the engine from the front, I'm not sure if it's missing some attachments as it just has screw in holes and I don't seem to have those bits, thats what I was kinda needing the manual for, and not the guys at work are all that experienced, we've got 1 qualified who's 22 and he's the foreman and 4 apprentices one from each year, so no good there.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
Yeah the throttle cable seems fairly self explainetry but its the stuff on the left hand side looking at the engine from the front, I'm not sure if it's missing some attachments as it just has screw in holes and I don't seem to have those bits, thats what I was kinda needing the manual for, and not the guys at work are all that experienced, we've got 1 qualified who's 22 and he's the foreman and 4 apprentices one from each year, so no good there.

hey hun can you send me some pics i had come twins on my car gimmi some pics and i will let ya know

dbwgirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator 5.7ltr
IMAGE_338.jpg

See those 3 holes on the side... which is which?
IMAGE_339.jpg

Also do you need a spacer for the fuel rail as it doesn't seem to fit right?
Oh and also the front of the fuel rail, do you just use braided line?
Cheers,
Shez

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
its all emission stuff my twins were different call c.o.m.e racing on (03) 9571 4204 ask for sam

dbwgirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator 5.7ltr
Cool, thanks for your help, I just feel a bit bad calling them cause I didn't get if off them, but i'll give em a buzz though.
Cheers

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
they wont mind at all just ask for sam