Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.7ltr v8 in a vn

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Forced induction, a nice big single turbo bolted onto the side, im thinkin maybe 500+rwkw, sounds like a bit of fun to me

Do it do it do it do it

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
yes i agree
i wanna see it boosting down the road under full throttle with the wheels spining................mmmmmmmmm (starts to drool)

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Fark now were talkin!!!! 9k will get u a cooled vortech kit or turbo kit drive in drive out with 440kw at the fly...........now that will fly..........or sealed vorteh kit for 5k 400kw at the fly. I know what i would do.....

raggedy

red vg ute toy
Reaction score
Members Ride
vg 5L 5sp ute
LS1 and T56 into VG Ute

Guys,
Just about to put a gen3 LS1 with T56 6 speed and computer into a VG (VN) ute.....just waiting for the loom before I start.:dance:
No plans yet on mods except for mafless tune to get about 280fwkw, but seeing the current 250,000K 5L and T5 still manage to easily spin the wheels in 1st and 2nd (tare is 1200kg, for a VT its about 1600kg I think, and then they get heavier ;) ), the mafless tune should do for now.:thumbsup:
Current costs so far (uncluding the ute and a full suspension nolathaning) about $13K, and probably about $2-3K more for the tune/tyres/bits.
Once I start I'll start posting.
The biggest challenges, given the availability of kits, in order seem to be:
- Loom and integration
- Clutch pedal and hydraulics
- Fuel pump stuff.

Other than that just elbow grease and patience (I'm going to do it myself as much as possible).

Catchyas!