Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 post bull bar

Mickc210213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Im just about to buy a 5 poster that’s come of a VY...just before I do I want to know if It’ll fit on my VU and what mounting hardware I might need?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You first need a yellow sticker. The bar will fit VU/VT through to VZ. The yellow stickers are also universal and fit the windscreen across all models.

Bar should come with hardware. I’d be using new bolts. You may need to make a washer from a square of alloy.

Mickc210213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
You first need a yellow sticker. The bar will fit VU/VT through to VZ. The yellow stickers are also universal and fit the windscreen across all models.

Bar should come with hardware. I’d be using new bolts. You may need to make a washer from a square of alloy.
My worry is that 3 different bullbar/towbar fitting professionals today have told me it won’t fit

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My worry is that 3 different bullbar/towbar fitting professionals today have told me it won’t fit

Are they saying why it won't fit? The distance between the chassis rail is identical, from VT through to VZ, so that'll be fine in that area.

As for mounting hardware.....Just make sure you use washers between the bolts and the bullbar mounting plates

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
All that differs on VT-VZ are the stuff bolted to what is essentially the same body.
Bonnet, bumper, headlights, guards. You can update a VT with VZ front components if you wanted to.