Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 speeder

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Just a quick question.
I intend to convert my car to a manual, and I was talking to a guy I know about it last night.
He owns a VK Calais which he converted to manual, and he thinks that I should go with a Celica 5 speed intead of the T5? I thought it sounded a little silly but just wanting an opinion...
Also wondering on the legality of the Monaro style bonnets for VR/VS? Is fibreglass a problem, or does anyone know where to get a steel version?

A

AdamIan69

i am pretty sure fibre glass is legal it is carbon fibre that is illegal. Dont ask why??????

MBS206

Reaction score
What car is this for?

VR/VS? I'd go the T5, it's a direct bolt in!

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Celica 5 speed was a very popular mod for the Kingswoods & early model Commodore. Def recommend using T5 for VR

MBS206

Reaction score
Fibreglass will actually bend to a degree (Enough for ADRs).
Think about it, the bumpers etc all flex on cars. BUT carbon fibre WILL NOT FLEX. It just shatters, and explodes. (Try snap a CD etc, you'll see... Just that a CD will bend to start with. Carbon won't!)

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
celica boxes were definately the choice for older cars in the day of their prime, but toyota supra gearboxes are absolutely almost bulletproof. the supra twin turbo gearboxes can handle around 700hp without any mods to it...but very pricey at the same time

if ur looking for an easy fit then probably a T5 tho