Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 to 4 seater

F

fatty

hello peoples,
i wanna no if it is legal to put VL fotn buckets in the rear seat location to essentially make my VL a four seater. Has anyone done it before or can anyone see any major problems with doing it any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
id say it would have to be, as there are no seat anchoring positions in the floor pan for buckets

F

fatty

wat to put them in the back would be legal or illegal.cos the seatbelt and everything would reach its just the seatrunners and the fixin them to the floor.

J

Joshy

i think you would have trouble convincing an engineer to give you a certificate for that. You would definately have to create custom seat belt mounts as the current seat belts in the car would be designed for the normal bench seat. There would definately be a safety related issue or two in doing this.

Obviously it could be done but it would have to be done properly.

T

t3zza

I had a mate who did this to his VT. Looked sweet though, and looked like the monaro but more room. He also put a xbox in the middle section with tele screens etc and yeah.. But you need to spend some money though on getting it all fitted properly and things like seat belt adjustments must be done. ;)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I've seen it done in a gemi, with subs down the middle.
You'd have to get it engineered naturally, and would cost you more money and become not so practical.

D

DaveP

why dont u just go to a motor trimmers and get the rear bench re-bolstered using some foam? then youd effectively have 2 buckets. probably cheaper 2

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
DaveP said:
why dont u just go to a motor trimmers and get the rear bench re-bolstered using some foam? then youd effectively have 2 buckets. probably cheaper 2

Yeah thats a good idea! Get the padding taken out of the middle seat and stick a fully sik subwoofer in there. I guess it would be a lot more legal.

F

fatty

yeah thanks for the ideas but i live in the south east of SA so i dunno of anyone that does custom work like that down here. thanks for the advice anyway.