Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$500

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hey guys,

I Have around 500 bucks to spend somethin on my VS Acclaim and don't know whether to use da money to get a sub and an amp or spend something on da performances side of things.

What do ya suggest I spend the money on? ($500 max)

thanks guys.

bobza

Reaction score
hey,

mate you should get a CAI for around the $60-$100 mark, and then shop around and you could possibly also pick up a sub and amp, if not you could pick up some second hand gear and get change.

bobz

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
depends wat u want buddy.. for 500$$ u ainnt gonna push too much power outta it. read the guide to: in the v6 section, yes its about buicks but also applies to ecotec.. i been meanin to change the name of it.. it will give u some idea about cheap preformance. the only difference is u can spend like 600$$ on a set of 1 9 1 rockers for the ecotec!

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
go find a diff joint that will supply and install 4.11 diff ratio or higher if you like. it will be the best $500 you ever spent on your car

V

VNBOY

exhaust should be your first mod IMO.

extra power and a good note too, not to mention fuel efficiency.

a CAI will give you a little bit better power, but the exhaust will give you more.

roller rockers are a waste of time until you get an exhaust because a stock exhaust will only push out so much air, and basically wont flow anywhere near as good as a bigger zorst.

PM me if you want any specifics.

PS: burnouts

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
whys every one talking about buicks. is holden using there engine

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
lol yeah.. holden is gm and so is buick.. vn - vr use the buick series 1 and vs onwards use the buick series 2 also known as the ecotec

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
$500 = extractors