Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

500watts RMS to much?

B

boxhead

Hi. I recently bought a Jaycar Responce 2x150watt rms amp. I am going to power 2 kicker 150watt rms subs at 4 ohm. I have read numerouse articles and they all say that it is not a good idea to run the subs on seperate channels, saying that it can cause uneven base response or something like that.
What I was going to do then was wire the subs up series/parralal and bridge the amp. With the amp bridged at 4 ohms it will make 500watts rms. Is this going to damage my subs, or will it just make them thump realy hard?

If anyone is interested the subs are Kicker C12-4ohm and the complete specs are on the PDF file attatchment. You can find the specs of the amp on the Jaycar website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I've used those amps a lot and they don't make 500Wrms they make around 300Wrms. So, yes that amp is fine. Even if it did make 500Wrms I'm sure the subs will be fine with it but if your worried turn the gain on the amp down a little bit.