Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

513rwkw V6

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
See your point. 40psi for 550rwkw is a sign of incorrect turbo choice. 525rwkw on 18psi is a sign of correct turbo choice. Engine related to both equations is irrelevant

I thought this had a 42 on it??? Or am I thinking of another car

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
TERAFI went 530rwkw on 20ish psi its doable

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I thought this had a 42 on it??? Or am I thinking of another car

Not as far as i know. I believe it has a TA45 that's been altered a few times. Turbine possibly out of puff.

The VS ute in W.A. with a 4202 bushy running 9s was on 22psi with a 1.4 60ft.

Jet V6 being a stroker needs all the boost in being a stroker I guess so next outing will tell. Hasn't being lucky since it went to a glide

MACE

Reaction score
Regardless if what is efficient or not etc, one thing for sure, it is a quick car. One could argue that it efficiently does the 1/4 mile in such a quick time with such a 'low' power output, mindful that this is a VT Commodore which virtually races in street trim with an IRS rear end.

I don't know how many 3rd generation Commodores (VT-VZ) with IRS in general pull this sort of time down the quarter. I would hazard a guess not too many though.

Regardless though, should be great to see this machine make out on the track again :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Not as far as i know. I believe it has a TA45 that's been altered a few times. Turbine possibly out of puff.

The VS ute in W.A. with a 4202 bushy running 9s was on 22psi with a 1.4 60ft.

Jet V6 being a stroker needs all the boost in being a stroker I guess so next outing will tell. Hasn't being lucky since it went to a glide
Had a 42 on it when I saw it a few years ago at the LSX nationals, unless they changed.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Regardless if what is efficient or not etc, one thing for sure, it is a quick car. One could argue that it efficiently does the 1/4 mile in such a quick time with such a 'low' power output, mindful that this is a VT Commodore which virtually races in street trim with an IRS rear end.

I don't know how many 3rd generation Commodores (VT-VZ) with IRS in general pull this sort of time down the quarter. I would hazard a guess not too many though.

Regardless though, should be great to see this machine make out on the track again :)
Street trim, love when people throw that around.
90/10's, full slick, screamer, cage, no headlight.......................you know, street trim :rofl2:

MACE

Reaction score
90/10's, full slick, screamer, cage, no headlight.......................you know, street trim :rofl2:
Beside the slicks and the lack of head light, that how the car gets driven on the street, hence the term virtually. But I do 100% agree that the term is ambiguous in hindsight.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67

It's regularly seen on the street going past many a car here in Melbourne. Hub caps n all

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Had a 42 on it when I saw it a few years ago at the LSX nationals, unless they changed.

I could be wrong but it's had a few re vamps since then