Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

513rwkw V6

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

In regards to the suspension setup his still keeping it IRS at the moment, from my understanding, because he wants the quickest IRS V6. Plus he still drives in on the street and the IRS is handy when negotiating speed humps LOL

Saying this though he'll probably need to upgrade the rear end out of necessity from a reliability perspective, given how hard the power is going to be on the IRS.

In regards to a total build cost, I'm not sure as the build has evolved over a period of time, I'd put the figure at lots all things considered

To replicate that engine, including turbo setup, fueling, tune etc I'd loosely put it at around 20k which would be influenced by the amount of DIY work and mates rates etc.

There is still more in this engine combo, as it's only running 31psi, where it can be running mid to high 30's. I suppose time will tell if it will get pushed that far or not.

Cheers,
Steve

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
Lol i like what one of the camera men said "how the f**k do ya get a 9.82 with that", all over the track, that car is just awesome.
/respect

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I saw this dyno sheet yesterday on et street, very impressive from a V6.

Been following it for a while now, I cant wait to see his new times.

veezedhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
what time did that car on the right run? that thing was way ahead

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
what time did that car on the right run? that thing was way ahead

it left the line about 2 seconds earlier than the car on the left

Adam_88

soon to be boosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
red VY Ute
Thanks guys :)

In regards to the suspension setup his still keeping it IRS at the moment, from my understanding, because he wants the quickest IRS V6. Plus he still drives in on the street and the IRS is handy when negotiating speed humps LOL

Cheers,
Steve

whats the reccord? what heads has it got?

MACE

Reaction score
whats the reccord? what heads has it got?

For a V6, this car has the record from my understand, in both IRS and outright V6 commodore. It has factory ported heads.

There is still more in this build as well as it was running less boost then what it was when it was making 420rwkw (33 down to 31psi).

For people interested it will at the LS1 nats this year, hopefully everything holds up for some low 9 runs :)

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Man thats one hairy ride, big ups to all involved, to keep it irs and handle more grunt would a piggy back rear swaybar help keep the arse straight when boost hits? It won't really affect the spring rate but should keep the arse end flat and can be unbolted in minutes to drive it home.

RESPECT

Last edited: