Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

513rwkw V6

SMOKEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S1 V6, VN Calais S2 V8
We may also be supplying turbo manifolds, based off the design off this car, depending on how things pan out :)

Steve, would you be making one that'll fit the VN buicks ....... Fingers xrossed :)
or even better a single turbo kit?

Cam.

vsute15

vs ute in the build
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Hi steve i have a vs ute which i want to turbo. i have lined up off a mate. Exhaust Manifold, some big ar50 turbo, vl turbo fuel pump, intercooler, bosch injectors, chipped ecu. Now have i missed anything for the conversion ? besides odds & ends. I have a new gearbox too go in what clutch would you recommend? My ute has a cai, 2.5" redback exhaust, rebuilt vt motor. I was wondering about a cam and high ratio roller rockers manifold insulator and manifold spacer bigger tb etc would these go well with the turbo setup? Sorry about all the questions my mate has a bf MK2 f6 with 373rwkw so i want to beat him at the track. Thanks for any help steve.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, if it was a standard rebuild (in regards to your motor), you wont beat the F6. To get these motors making power you need boost and lots of it, more than the standard internal can hold. And you'll need to have all the good ****; forged internals, decent cam, better flowing heads, deff 044 (vl pump wont cut it) standard cranks pretty strong though.

vsute15

vs ute in the build
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Yeah i was thinking that might be the case. I was tossing up between going the turbo route for the ute OR changing to the dark side and going with a blue oval being i that f6 was damn scary and with the tiptronic it just stays on boost so well.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Yeah the F6's are wild. When they first came out they had to recall them because the bolts holding the Drivers Seat down broke under boost because it forced the driver back in his seat so much...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You need a really fast car to beat even a stock F6 or the newer G6E turbo, they are bloody fast cars.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the F6's are wild. When they first came out they had to recall them because the bolts holding the Drivers Seat down broke under boost because it forced the driver back in his seat so much...

ha lmao what a load of ****!