Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

513rwkw V6

vsute15

vs ute in the build
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Went looking at new ones today i like my ute but found a bf f6 r spec for 47G black and everything. My mates f6 was built by nizzpro unbelievable quick i wish i was a rich miner to send it to them haha found a nice xr6 turbo for 17G with a fair bit done to it might have to settle for that!

MACE

Reaction score
Well there is a VP with a L67 bottem end turbocharged, which has pulled a 10 for under 10k :) Being in a lighter weight VS you won’t need as much power as the F6 to beat it.

In fact with the parts you’re looking at getting a hold of, if you run E85, custom tune, L67 bottom end, you should easily crack the 300rwkw mark which should see you in the 10-11’s bracket. The manual box might be a problem though in that it might not last that long with that amount of power, unless you upgrade to a T56 box. Dellow conversions would have everything needed for the job.

As for the VT for this tread specifically, a bigger cam is going is going in along with a billet crank and ported heads. So we’re hoping for power figures over 550rwkw next time round :)

vsute15

vs ute in the build
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
yeah ill look into the l67 bottom end there a good motor i had a l67 stato went really well. i can buy a ford ba xr8 for 10g off my cousin with 400hp 120 thousand k's manual etc or spend the money on my vs ute which looks exactly the same as the one outta sc where pro flow done a turbo conversion on it, its already got ve gts 19's ultra lows & boge turbo shocks/struts stato interior 2.5" redback exhaust cai hsv pedals autotechnica buckets etc wonder which would be faster with 10 g sunk into it.

MACE

Reaction score
yeah ill look into the l67 bottom end there a good motor i had a l67 stato went really well. i can buy a ford ba xr8 for 10g off my cousin with 400hp 120 thousand k's manual etc or spend the money on my vs ute which looks exactly the same as the one outta sc where pro flow done a turbo conversion on it, its already got ve gts 19's ultra lows & boge turbo shocks/struts stato interior 2.5" redback exhaust cai hsv pedals autotechnica buckets etc wonder which would be faster with 10 g sunk into it.

We can be seen as being bias but I would probably say the Holden 6. I say this as they Boss 8's are expensive to fix and DON'T like to be revved out of the box :(

vsute15

vs ute in the build
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Yeah i heard there a prick of a motor. I reckon that the lil ecotec goes just as well as my old vs ss. I just miss the sound of the 5LTR. Im going to start looking for a l67 bottom end when i get home just away working atm.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
You missed the adjective :- strong. The noise you get from 30+ psi shoved into 6x 700ml or smaller pots

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Na mate I get it, but a charged 5L on the limit of being too loud/illegal with a supercharger pushing near 20psi is sex on wheels.