Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

54mm thick radiator

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
Hi all had my radiator split couple weeks ago installed a new red line performance full alloy 54mm thick radiator ,tight fit had to swap around a radiator mounts so it wouldn't touch new radiator problem is Trans cooler lines wouldn't screw into new radiator like inner threads were a different size, so I pulled old Trans cooler from split radiator and cable tied next to radiator question is do you think will damage Trans not being inside radiator?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
My last 3 commodores I've run a large standalone cooler and bypassed the radiator all together (after owning a BA I'll never run my trans through a radiator again).

Handles 45+ degree days just fine.

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
Forgot to mention 03 5.7l Calais cheers
Yes - either get it properly connected or run a large stand alone cooler
OK thanks was going to but 16mm tap bit $110 so just needed to get to work

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
My last 3 commodores I've run a large standalone cooler and bypassed the radiator all together (after owning a BA I'll never run my trans through a radiator again).

Handles 45+ degree days just fine.
Thanks m8

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can you screw in some barbed adapters to the rad and chop the lines and use it as push on hose with clamps? You should be able to find some barbed fittings with the right thread at a hydraulic supplies store.

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
Can you screw in some barbed adapters to the rad and chop the lines and use it as push on hose with clamps? You should be able to find some barbed fittings with the right thread at a hydraulic supplies store.

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
Threads in radiator muntered stripped when I tried to put in hoses screwed hoses straight back into old cooler tho ,must have been different thread size or something just waiting to get cash for tap set or may get engineering shop to do it