Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5L cam suited for boost

monaroman76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey guys i am asking this question for a mate who wants to put a cam in his otherwise stock 5L VS statesman. And down the track at some time might consider putting a blower on it. Is there anything to take into consideration when choosing a cam that will be used with forced induction? What would be a good cam for this application?
Cheers.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
A friend of mine wants to do the same thing but with a turbo, we decided on Wades 1147B14 it's a fair sized cam 225/225 with 114 lsa and not much overlap but he's managed to install it waaaaay wrong and it's running slower than most 4cyls so unfortuently I can't tell you how it goes at the moment :p. Should have been good in theory. That's in a ute so you might want to find one a bit smaller for a Statesman to cover your extra weight

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
for the dollars, a cheap supercharger will make good power for little time. I think the same money should be put into making the engine stronger and therefore last longer. BUT each to their own, If that is what he wants then good luck. For the cam, stick with lift below 460ish" of lift and an LSA of around 114, if your mate takes the other option.