Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5l conversion wiring issues

Jordan sewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina and vl s/l
Hey guys I know this has been talked about all too much but I need some help with a manual vn 5l into a auto vr v6 berlina. i got the car already converted so I'm not sure what they have done but the speedo an reverse lights don't work but I'm wondering what would be the best thing to do to get them to work? I've read through a few forums an I think the 5l had a auto box/loom an they have just put the manual box behind it for the conversion

Long story short if i get a new vn manual loom will it just plug into the vr cluster? And the rest of the bcm accessories?(if that includes reverse lights)
Not 100% sure if I know what I'm talking about so any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

H

harrop.senator

Reverse lights is a two Male pin sensor on the passengers side from memory. the Speedos a hard one you'll have to do some research as ive only had manual converted 6s some say changing the memcals enough others say you need a proper manual computer I sold mine to a guy that had sent his auto one off and still had issues and brought my genuine harness n pcm to sort it out .

Someone in here will chime in with more usable info but id just check that the reverse switch sensors atleast plugged in.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Inhibutor wires will have to be bridged will be where old auto shift....reverse wires just extend or plug to reverse switch on g/box

Speedo will be tricky as it it's seperate on vn-p & I think vr manual(?) although looms fairly similar...vs have it through bcm/ecu from memory.

Does the thing actually run or you got it 1/2 done not running?