Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5L dizzy ???

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but in a injected 5L , I have MSD 6BTM ( same as 6AL but for boost) ignition booster and MSD blaster ss coil with MSD 8.5 mm leads !!! My question is there any better up grade distributors ??? I see u easly use a pro billet MSD dizzy on carburetor set ups that uses vacume or mechanical advance, is there any pro billet dizzy that is computer controlled for the 5L or is it a case of stick with the standard Bosch one???

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
as far as I know there is nothing available
but there's nothing in an EFI 5L distributor to upgrade. It's just a distributor shaft, rotor button, hall effect sensor and plate.
Everything else (including ignition advance) is controlled by the trigger/ignition module and ECU

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
but there's nothing in an EFI 5L distributor to upgrade. It's just a distributor shaft, rotor button, hall effect sensor and plate.
Everything else (including ignition advance) is controlled by the trigger/ignition module and ECU

Yep this is what I thought as well just had to make sure !!! Thanks

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
Don't you know that the best way to prove Holdens are great is to pull out and throw away every possible Holden part and replace it with some name-brand part, and put the sticker on the side of your car. The less Holden parts remaining the better you have proved Holdens to be.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Don't you know that the best way to prove Holdens are great is to pull out and throw away every possible Holden part and replace it with some name-brand part, and put the sticker on the side of your car. The less Holden parts remaining the better you have proved Holdens to be.

But not many holden parts hold up to 650-700hp and 880 nm of torque and if they do its not for long !!!

And putting stickers on the side of ur car is for jap racers with a apex cooler and a Gready something a rather lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

apart from when that "holden part" is made by bosch, the best auto electrical company in the world. ;)

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
apart from when that "holden part" is made by bosch, the best auto electrical company in the world. ;)

Yes that is true the only standard parts left on my car are some Bosch parts actually and I would replace them with Bosch parts again to if they ever fail