Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5L help

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
hey all

I did a fault check and i got a code 12.. but the car hasn't been running right for a very long time and a get a code 12 ( Check Passed) i don't get it.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
the car idles really ruff and the tacho is really playing up and it blow alot of black smoke when i've given it a boot full

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
start by resetting the computer, sometimes this can help with rough idle, tacho playing upcould be many things if its jumping all over the place sometimes this means coil, but im pretty sure on these newer cars it comes from the computer which is read from the Crank angle sensor, is the black smoke worse when cold? mine puffs a little black smoke when you boot it.

I would suggest giving the car a service if you haven't already and try some new plugs also.

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
tried new plugs, i got a MSD ignition coil on it now done a service. i was reading somewhere that it could be faulty air flow meter?? where are they located?? front of the intake manifold

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
VN 5l doesnt have an airflow meter.check the fuel regulator vacuam hose for fuel clean the IAC valve on the throttlebody and the hole it gies in,and after that start looking at the ignition module and the hall effect sensor in the dizzy.also good to check the coolant temp sensor.the ecu has been know to be at fault a lot with issues with richness due to the coolant temp system in the ecu frying alot too.

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
tacho can short out inside too, causes engine to not run at all eventually. try disconnect it.