Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5l knock ensor issue

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its a VS just dissconnect the battery turn key to where the reds are and push the brake pedal or just wait a few minutes with no battery

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
what do you mean where the reds are. do you mean on accessories. will disconnecting the battery clear codes on the vs ecu

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
sweet. auto electrical isn't my strong point so i was going of what Ive been told. i will see if i can get it cleared by taking of the battery lead for a bit

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Search for info hear on error codes. I know all models vn-r can be cleared by just disconnecting the battery for a short bit. VS would be the same i would think.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
i disconnected the battery but the engine lights still comes up. so im thinking there might still be other issues

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
What error codes does it give you now?That could point you in the right direction if any are set again after them being cleared..

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
the codes it is was throwing up(haven't had it on the scan tool to see if anything has changed)was theft deterent signal missing(what does that mean) pressure solenoid (guessing from the shift kitted auto) and the knock censor. the car has only brought up the engine light since the knock censor got broken

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
how did they join the wire? if theres a build up of resistance in the wire it could affect it