Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5L radiator replacement pickle

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Craigs built 4l60e cost me $4k

I would get the right radiator with the water to oil cooler in it

Or, your really going to need to monitor your trans temps, from there you can wirk out air to oil trans cooler size requirements, and possibly a Spal fan on it, I would also have the fan thematically controled

I know of a few people that removed the auto radiator and just run a manual cooler with a air to oil trans cooler, only to put the auto radiator back in

Getting and keeping the trans temps in check is imperative if you don't want a gearbox full of neutrals, even with a built transmission
How much damage am I looking at when it’s cooked if I’m gonna do a rebuild on the tranny any way lol

also having problems with the dash 20fittings from the radiator to the normal hose spikes on the thermo housing and the water pump. Have to speak to a Bloke tomorrow about it to see if there’s a workaround or the spike to dash 20 off the pump. Have to change the thermo housing to get a dash fitting on it. And possibly looking at welding a dash onto the water pump if needed.

also walked out of there today with 2 metresof pipe and 3 fittings for 300 bucks which isn’t even all the fittings for the tranny that I need .haven’t even purchased any radiation fittings FML

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Next problem….. the 2 wires out of each fan which run into a plug that doesn’t fit the existing loom