Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5L stalling on base idle

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Just have a lil drama that i cant fault, last night after a short drive, im sitting at the lights and the vq stalls. Crank it, it starts then i let it back to idle and it cuts again. This morning i start her up, misses for about 5 seconds then comes good.. After another trip i pull into a carspace and drop it to idle. And it cuts again. No splatter just strait out.. Im thinking its something playing up at running temp?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Close to stock 304. Has vs type coil, new dizzy cap, trigger module replaced 12months ago
Fuel pump is priming but dont no if theres sufficient pressure.. I took it for a drive this morning and it was fine, just after the 20 min trip it stalled at idle

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Well it was replaced 12 months ago and from wat i remember they normally just die

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
First thing i did.. No codes

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Next Id check for vacuum leaks.It might be that a vacuum hose has come off somewhere around the engine..There is also a vacuum reserve tank under the left front guard up in behind the bumper.It looks like a black plastic ball,check its vacuum line.Ive seen a few of these vacuum hoses split or come off here, as its all exposed to the bottom of the car near the wheel.Also the brake booster can be another cause of a vacuum leak.