Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5L Volvo

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
For whats it worth I might let you all know what I'm doing..
I now have a fully engineered 1985 Volvo 240 with a 253 trimatic ..
Its getting a transplant with the donor being a VP Berlina.
Had the motor all rebuilt with a 308 crank with some mild head work and a small cam..
Had I know what it would of cost to rebuild the Box, Converter and Motor I would of ripped out the 5.7 from my SS VU replaced it with a 6 Litre and used the 5.7 for the Volvo.. Anyway to late now might as well just keep it going..
Just my 2 cents worth might get strips ripped off me for the Volvo but it was the right price..And it makes the DOOF DOOF boys jaws drop when they get shat on at the lights...

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
yeah me and my oldn man have a green 264 with a 253 in it. dropped on its guts and loud as hell

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
dont go to low or your tailshaft will rub floor on the bumps like ours does, almost half way worn through now.

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
no trying to hijack this at all but know anyone who'd want our volvo its currently up for sale. engineered, and registered in NSW

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wouldn't mind the Diff if its a LSD..

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
nah sorry mate its not an lsd and the car isnt getting seperating anyway. Did a guy called rick by any chance originally build your car?

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Sounds crazy man, would be a mint conversion.
Got any pictures???
What sort of power is it putting out?

XMY308

Reaction score
Members Ride
5LT VS series 3 UTE manual
seen one at the kwinana motorplex couple years ago doin burnouts. not sure if it had a 5lt or 350 but it went hard. even whooped some of the new commys down the strip. wonder what happened to that volvo

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ive added these..
This is pics of the car before I got it as advertised on eBay..
Payed bugger all the guy spent heaps on the motor and couldn't get it started after playing with it for months so got it for bugger all. Got it home looked at it for 5 minutes and all that was wrong was the firing order put the leads on it the right order turned the key and it started first try...
5 Litre getting picked up Friday/Saturday only problem with that is now the Ute has to have the carport and the Volvo in the garage..

Parked on the street it looks like a Poppy car and even with the white hat in the back tray.. As soon as the new motor is in I'll post some pics..
It also has a stage lock kit fitted but in reverse so when turned on the back brakes dont work. The reason for that is so you can control the the car and not be stuck in one spot.. And damn it does good burn outs...
:w00t:

Engine.JPG

Front.JPG

Motor%20wide.JPG

Motor.JPG