Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5lt misfiring and lagging

vq5ltstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5lt
i just brought a vq statesman to find that when it gets warm it lacks power and misfires the owner before me just had the car serviced does any1 have any idea what it could be. some one told me sticky valves but i dont want to pull the heads of if that is not the problem..
thanks

djvass

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS BT1 SS 5ltr original
if you havent already double checked i would check the leads and the plugs as one might be fouled or lead may be split or maybe the owner was talking crap when they said it was just serviced. Cant hurt to spend a few dollars on leads and plugs and save you the troble in pulling the head off.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
possibly the coil or points/condensor

vq5ltstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5lt
i went over the car to find that the tacho now has started jumping i checked the spark plugs brand new i then checked the leads to find they were lose on the spark plugs crimped them down abit car ran fine until it got warm again trying to fing a coil pack cheap if anyone knows of a second hand one in perth let me know thanks