Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5lt stalling

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
well put in the module,started up, and warmed her up to 92degs, no stalling,grate,took her around the block a couple of times ,no problem, took the risk to go a bigger drive all good.no probs, drove to work today all good ,so it seems it was the module stuffed car seems to go better a lot smother

thanks for your info boys

thanks to neil-------NUCLEAR POWER MODULES

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
That's great mate. No more stalling for now. Hopefully it's a long time before the next thing stuffs up :)

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
neil said that the dizzy will be next

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
well im back, to the car stalling again, goes ok for a while then starts playing up, I just checked for codes, only 12 comeing up, when it stalls I turn every thing off give it a minute or two ,and then it will start on the second go, then rev to about 1500-2000rpm may go alright for a while then do it again

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hall effect sensor for sure, I had the same the issue when I had a Celica, I ended up replacing the whole Dizzy. Fixed the problem.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
yer pain in the arse to change will have to pull inletmanifold of to get to it

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Does it only stall while idling or when pulling up to a stop? If so, check out the TPS wiring and if it looks OK, replace the TPS. I had a similar problem in my Calais some time ago. When I pulled up at the lights the idle would get progressively more lumpy and then it would stall. Since you have an Executive, I presume it's an auto? Have you been having any problems with funny gear changes?

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does it only stall while idling or when pulling up to a stop? If so, check out the TPS wiring and if it looks OK, replace the TPS. I had a similar problem in my Calais some time ago. When I pulled up at the lights the idle would get progressively more lumpy and then it would stall. Since you have an Executive, I presume it's an auto? Have you been having any problems with funny gear changes?

that's what it is doing, drove to work and back this morning went ok, but I think I will change the sensor then go from there, gear changes have been a bit odd over the last few day

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
def hall affect sensor, the same thing happened with my pos VL when I had it, it would get to operating temp then the heat would kill the sensor, stall the car, then when it cools off a bit it would start, replaced it and all fixed.