Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beadan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Hows it going ppl, I got a problem and i am not 100% sure what it is.
when i start my 5l vr ss 5sp manual it runs perfect, but every now and then theres this clunking noise in neutral like theres loose bolts rattling around in the flywheel area....also, when changing down from 4th to 3rd greas from 75km/h and over its grinds like my foot isnt even on the clutch properly, there is no slipping or any indication that the clutch is worn so this is very puzzling. Im guessing its gonna cost alot to fix and i dont really want to get a mechanics opinion because i just dont trust em...they will likley say its the gearbox and i really dont want to hear that.
i would really appreciate some input on this one, as i have no idea.
thanks in advanced

spotamous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute S2 5spd
ive got a v6 man, and mine did something like this and all it was was the spigot bearing craped itself, only like a $5 - $10 bearing

Beadan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
yeah...wouldnt that be nice....but i thought u would hear that when clutch is pressed in not when its all just idleing and nothing pressed in or in gear...

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I had a problem with the same bearing though mine was loud in netural on idle and went away when the clucth was pushed to the floor.

Beadan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Well there ya go.... I will be happy If that's all it is.. Stressing out about having to replace the gearbox....

Beadan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
just rang transmission place and they said could be a tooth of one of the gears floating around and the synco of 3rd....or other scary things to make me paronoid to drive it til she gets pulled apart...