Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5sp vs ute!! first car :D

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
:rockon:eek:k so finally got round to doing the fronts, me and the old man done em. was alot easier then i thought and sits lower then i thought :)
rims are in the post and should have some rubber by the time they come.

P110710_0925.jpg

P110710_1119.jpg

P110710_1516.jpg

P110710_1551_01.jpg

P110710_1552.jpg

P110710_1552_01.jpg

see the nice dent on my tailgate? my bloody tailgate strap snaped and the tailgate droped and smashed into my exhaust :(

owell, ill keep use posted

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
the front looks heaps low. Wasnt to hard then to do the fronts? Did you just undo the single nut on top? And shouldnt your tailgate have two straps or did they both snap?

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
the front looks heaps low. Wasnt to hard then to do the fronts? Did you just undo the single nut on top? And shouldnt your tailgate have two straps or did they both snap?

yer the front is like realy low know haha, cant even get a coke can under the extracters anymore :/ and about the straps there was only one and it was already broken but the guy who had it before had like bolted it back together kinda of things, dammm should of listen to me old man when he said get new straps instead of other things hah

honestly this is the first car ive ever worked on and my dad aint to flash with mechanics either, we followd the how to in the how to sections and first one took around 2 hours of mucking around then the second one to me bymyslef about 30 mins. just make sure u have the right tools for the job and youl be right mate.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
sitting very nice now mate, she is really coming along.
is that bike in the back of your ute an 85? because if its any bigger i am amazed on how you get a full size bike in straight with the tailgate closed.
i need to put my 250 in corner to corner to get the tailgate closed.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
sitting very nice now mate, she is really coming along.
is that bike in the back of your ute an 85? because if its any bigger i am amazed on how you get a full size bike in straight with the tailgate closed.
i need to put my 250 in corner to corner to get the tailgate closed.

hha yer only an 85 :( lookn to get a bigger bike very soon, just all the funds are going into this car atm so theres none left for other things.

and hilzy about the scrabages, i havnt scraped once yet so fingers crossed it wont :)

rims also came today, just gotta wrap some rubber over them :)

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
rims rims rims, now that is always an improvment we like to see.
and mate, i can relate with the motie, all my money goes into mucking around with my car or just running the thing.
lucky i bought my 250 a year or so before i bought my car, lucky investnment for me.