Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 1/2 inch alpinesinto Vt commodore

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
How can i fit my type-S alpine speakers (6 1/2inch) into my front and rear doors of my VT executive ?? I have bought 6 1/2inch spacers and was told that just fiberglassing the the spacers to the door will do the trick.... i also want to know how hard it is to fit new speakers and tweeters to the front of the car... along with a 2 way amp... i am pretty handy with electrical stuff but dont want to try something which is too far out of my reach.
eny help much apreciated blokes.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
The speakers will fit fine with some small mods to the original pods (mainly just making it a little larger). If you try to use spacers etc it becomes a little difficult to get it right.

The tweeters can be mounted anywhere you like, but a good spot for them is up in the demister panels in the top of the dash near the windscree, this is where the stock tweeters are mounted so it fairly easy to remove the old and replace them with the Alpine ones.

The amp is a different story, and will require you to run a cable from your battery to where you want to mount the amp. You'll also need RCA cables to go from the head-unit to the amp, if you havent got an aftermarket head-unit then you'll need a line out converter to convert speaker cables into RCA cables (high to low level). It does get kinda complicated with the amp although the speakers arent too hard.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
I did the rear doors today and found it a breeze, i just cut the back of the pod off so the magnet wouldnt hit it.... just waiting on an amp for the fronts before i install them. So you recon that the amp will be the hardest to install ??