Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.5" speakers

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Nic92 what speakers (splits of course) are you thinking of getting? I've been looking at the Vibe Space series. They look pretty good.

I have a set of Alpine type R's in the front and they sound really good and are bloody loud. However my friend has a set of Vibe lite air splits in the front (VX sedan) and they just sound better and still go as loud. Other friend has a Rodeo 98' model with Vibe Blackair splits and they sound beautiful, alot nicer than my type R's. The Blackairs produce amazing bass and could go way louder with a High pass filter, but he leaves it off.

Anyways just have a look at the space series and see what you think, they are vibes high end speaker Products | VIBE Audio

You can buy them fromn amazon http://www.amazon.com/Space-6-Inch-Component-Tweeter-SPACE6/dp/B004V92FZY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2

or Sonic Electronics VIBE Audio SPACE5 6.5" 3-Way Component Speakers (SPACE6)

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
150rms they look pretty hot. Yea just drill straight into the stock speaker pods. Thats what I did with my Type R's 6.5" No problems!!

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Sounds mad man. Any updates on your new Headunit?

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
i got my splits and new H/U, just waiting on sound deadener & speaker wire :)

tHFVG.jpg
mFMys.jpg

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
i wanted to test them to make sure everything works, so i hooked the speakers up in my room to the h/u but the speakers are 2ohm so i had to wire in series into one channel and they only getting ~17rms :( it should be ok il just keep the volume down.

havnt turned it on yet

a5Epn.jpg