Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.5" speakers

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Nice!! Yea just trim up the factory pods. It wont be a problem. Do it all in one hit. Replace the speakers, dynamat doors, install new H/U, etc. That will take up a Saturday if you havent done it before :D Have fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
i brought another bulk pack of solavis supershield, i used my last one up in the boot and it worked out ok.. so im just waiting for it from Melbourne & im waiting for the facia, steering wheel controls etc, so i can't do the head unit yet :(, but at least now i can do the speakers, one less thing to worry about when i start my second year of tafe next week

what can i use to trim the door pods? isnt it plastic, don't really wanna break it lols

Last edited:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
I used a bench belt sander to trim mine lol came up pretty good, just gotta be careful as it spins at about 3500 rpm haha but a half round file would work just take a bit longer, you can try cutting it out but when I originally did that to mine the flat spots hit the basket on the speaker, but the pods are only plastic so be careful

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
hmm yeah i might try sanding,

the tweeters i have dont have screws or screw holes, is there going to be a problem trying to fit these into the factory mounts? they mount a different way, im not sure how but i think your ment to put the tweeter in and then screw that metal ring up it from the inside :S

i can take pictures on what it looks like if you don't know what im talking about, (i just thought maybe most tweeters are screw ins?)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
The new splits should have come with some sort of mounting hardware, whats the model number?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Put up a picture if you can, I have a soundstream tweeter in a stock mount, I'll take a picture of that tomorrow, might help you understand.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
this is what i mean, i hope i don't have any problems fitting them

Attachments

• 300120123900.jpg
    300120123900.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 300120123901.jpg