Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.5" splits in doors

shev76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
hi guys, i know people will say search this search that but i cant seem to find it...i would like to know the depth of where the speaker will go in the front and rear doors. im planning on putting orion xtr62 splits in the front and xtr652 in the back doors but they are 6.5" speakers,i know people say cut the weathershield but wouldnt that effect my speaker when it rains or i wash the car etc.

thanks

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I'm not sure how deep you can go, but both the speakers you mentioned will fit.

shev76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
I'm not sure how deep you can go, but both the speakers you mentioned will fit.

thanks very much, i went to autobarn and they said they would fit but i later noticed when i got home they were 6.5"guy at autobarn said he could do them for $230 but can get them online for $110+shipping from the US so will definently do that

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Buying overseas brings about issues with warranty and so forth. If you are fine with that, go ahead and buy them from the USA.

shev76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
yeh i guess i can bite me in the ass but i was more worried about if i had to cut the weathershield then water might get into the speaker somehow

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
A lot of people do it without any worry, just put the plastic covering back on the door before the door trim.