Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.5inch split install

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I actually had to look it up as well, didn't know what 9C1 meant, ya learn something new every day :)

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
and what on earth do the lights and siren wiring have to do with the speaker wiring thats in the door? :S

the fact that all the wiring that was put in to operate these functions has been left, and stupidly it has been done in the same colour as the speaker cabling!! therefore meaning that i could not tell the difference between which was the speaker cable and which was the extras cables...hence why i was looking for the capacitor!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
But your not still using the sirens right? So even if you cut the wires and they were the wrong ones, it wouldn't have made a difference either way, all though you still went about it the hard way, and then later admitted to being lazy about it.

You made a simple and easy thing sound hard mate, i don't really get the whole point of the thread, but i'm glad that you got your components installed, and maybe you gained something out of this that might be of use to you at a later date should you ever attempt another install.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
the fact that all the wiring that was put in to operate these functions has been left, and stupidly it has been done in the same colour as the speaker cabling!! therefore meaning that i could not tell the difference between which was the speaker cable and which was the extras cables...hence why i was looking for the capacitor!

the lights and sirens were mounted in the doors?!?

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
getting the door cable wasnt a problem, when it runs back to the loom through the rubber expander and after that is where i lost it! after that all the extra cables made it rather hard to find the one i wanted because they are all the same colour!

But your not still using the sirens right? So even if you cut the wires and they were the wrong ones, it wouldn't have made a difference either way, all though you still went about it the hard way, and then later admitted to being lazy about it.

You made a simple and easy thing sound hard mate, i don't really get the whole point of the thread, but i'm glad that you got your components installed, and maybe you gained something out of this that might be of use to you at a later date should you ever attempt another install.

i will attempt another install, but maybe also next time wont leave it to the last minute!