Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 sp manual Gearbox problems

esp22

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Commodore 6sp man
2005 with 24000kms on the clock. Gearbox is very loud and clunky when not moving and car is off...what do you think the problem is?(No modifications to car)

Also, when moving, and when you put clutch in there is a large clunk and rattle from gearbox and through the diff especially between gears 1 and 2?hat do you guys think is the problem...took car to holden but they said nothing was wrong...have a feeling they cannot be bothered to check and fix problem.

can you guys help...wuld appreciate it greaty.

Thanks

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
sounds exactly the same as mine..

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
Read this thread

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=28550

seems a few people have had some problems with the aisin manual

both 6 speed manual and the 5 speed auto's behind the new 6's are rated at 345nm an 340nm respectivley

so its no real surprise that some of these boxes are gonna have problems every now and again

id go and see your holden dealership again and attempt to get the box replaced with only 24k on the clock u should be still under warrenty

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
Not real sure if this would work with the aisin (sv6) box, but i changed the oil in the t56 (ss) from standard atf to castrol transmax z i think its called to the bottom of the filler hole. Reinstalled plug, removed reverse light switch then added 500mls through that hole. This fixed mine, shifts alot smoother and took "clunk" out of box when shifting from one gear to another.
Hope this helps.

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
I also get a clunk in mine...mainly on two occassions. first is when changing from first to second and the second is when im changing into first from neutral when sitting at lights etc