Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 speaker system.

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
I am planning on wiring up a six speaker stereo in my VC. 6" splits in the front, 6" 3 way speakers in the back doors, and 6x9" 4 way speakers on the parcel shelf. Is it possible to run these all off the headunit (4x50Watt), if so, how is the best way to do this? Or will I have to get an amp (how do you wire it up this way?).
I am also going to have a 12" sub in the boot, and was going to use a 2 channel amp and bridge the channels to power it.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Dude....quite honestly...I wouldn't bother with speakers in the rear door. It's going to fill your cabin with your treble.... You will have poor front staging....If your still really keen on the idea then let me know and I will tell you. It's possible to runit off the head unit but the rear speakers will be quite. Unless you use a 4 channel amp for the 6x9's and the front splits. Then another amp for the sub.

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Don't ruin the trim in your back doors. Don't run the risk of bumping the windows off the wire track either. Save the effort for a decent custom rear shelf and some decent splits up front. Run the fronts off the deck and the rears off an amp depending on how large the rears are.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Yeah I gotta agree with all that's said.