Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 speed vs

amanda

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina
i recently got a vs 5lt sedan.it has a 6 speed box.the guy we got it from said the box is out of a series 2 5.7lt vt ss.my partner had a look under the car and it says on the box series 2 getrag.is this right?would it be out of a vt ss?also he said the conversion cost him $4000,was he bullshitting me or is this correct?my partner wants to stoke the car down the track will the box handle that?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
If the dude paid someone to do the conversion aswell as supply all parts, then yes 4k sounds like somthing you would get charged. And yes theres no reason why it couldnt be out of a vtll they have the same bellhousing shape, wether it actually is or not is another question. But its a getrag, so theres a good chance it is.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
Yeah it all sounds right. Getrag just means its got the hydrolic clutch,which is what commodores changed to in VS series II. Im getting a six speed hopefull early next year and i'll be sticking to the cable clutch set up.