Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6" woofer & 2x6"

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
g'day guys i got a new system too install and well i got a question,

i wanted too know if those 6" woofers give out much bass? im not loking for "fully sick" or anything just some nice bass too my current setup...

also would i be able too mount the 6" woofer in the center of my parcel shelf. along with my 2x6" 250watt speakers?

Thanks guys...
;)

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Well I wouldn't rush out to get a 6 woofer for bass...they physically can't do it, so no, I dont think you would get all that much bass, but you would get more than the stocko speakers if you get one thats rated high and you put a decent crossover on it. You can't put it in the parcel tray because of the child restraint in the middle.

I saw a mini once with a speaker in the dash, front and center. It wasn't fulli sic moite.

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
What DJ said...
If you want some bass, either get an 8inch sub (I'm pretty sure this is the smallest sub size you can get), 6x9s or 7x10s ;)

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
DJ Majah said:
they physically can't do it,
On the contrary, they can, but you have to spend about $400 bucks on them. Ha ha...as if you would
They do call them mid-woofers though

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thanks...
yer well if there not gonna give the the bass im after i think i'll got a 8" or a 10" subby... hope it donse't chew up the boot room..

Melfice01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 2000 S1
Similar Circumstance

Yeh i know what you mean... i was going to put a subbie in.. but no room for other shiat...

i wonder if i can get a custom box made.. so its like small.. and would fit behind the fold down seat.. so i can show it off to my passengers

^_^

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Ive got 6in splits in thefront doors of my car, and they put out more bass than my mates 4ways, but no where near as much as a sub would

D

dumpd6

if you want bass id just go get a sub autobarn has some cheap half decent ones at the mo clarion 12" in box and amp for $350 or so