Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 x 9 issues

speedracer006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wags
hey guys, dunno if anyone can help me out here but ill ask anyway. I have a sierra with some average range jvc head unit and its just plugged into 2 front speakers (i.e no speakers in the back so the rear speaker wires are just taped up). My mate just gave me his old 300 W pioneer amp and his old 6 x 9s for my car. So yesterday i hooked it all up to see if it all worked in my car (it did in my best mates car last week before he took them out). BUT, for some reason when i turn the volume up about like 8 or somethin, the 6 x 9s cut out! i can then turn it right down, and theyll turn back on, but they just cut out as soon as i turn it back up. the amp had an excelent earth. Does anyone have any idea what it could be??? thanks all:bow::bow::bow:

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
possible a partial short on the 6x9 speakers, check to see if there slightly touching any metal on the terminals of the speakers.

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Sounds like power distribution to me.

How old is your battery?
Have you tried hooking that amp to different speakers and see if it does the same thing?

moogley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec,vr calais
how are the rca's and power cable run because iv made the mistake of running them close to each other which caused the protector on my amp to trigger at high volume cutting my subs out