Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 x 9 rear speaker mounts

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
hey, just wondering if anyone knows where to buy something that will hold my 6 x 9 speaker (when i get them), i dont want to chop my parcel shelf and i once saw these mounts which i think screwed to your parcel shelf, they were smooth and sat nicely, not like big boxes, anyway i wanna get my hands on some so i can screw them to the shelf/the back metal body of the boot, and then reline with some sort of vynal white leather just so it sits nicely and dosnt look dodgy, then ill probably cut a hole in the top for the speaker, or mabey have one of the speaker guards attacked to it, and then punch heaps of small holes in the vynal and hope the sounds pumped out well.

anyway i got far off from the point, anyone know where i can get them i cant find on ebay if not, rekon they are hard to make, or does anybody have a guie i could follow to get them neat and not box-like.

cheers

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
u can get the spaces at any of the the many auto parts stores, autobarn, supercheap. u can get em in plastic or wood, although ur best bet for wood is to cut em urself. that way you can do a complete parcel shelf.

I wouldnt cover the speaker in vinyl, just trim it up and put the grills that come with the speakers on, and it'll look good.

this thread is prolly best in the audio section :)

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
oh opps, well what i ment was screw it to the origonal parcel shelf or mabey even the metal frame which holds the speakers, and then vynal over the whole parcel shelf and mounts so that its smooth and should look awsome, ill have a look at supercheap or autobarn or repco next time in there.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep the Aerpro ones would be the go for you.....although they are already covered in vinyl. The APF69LGR spacers angle longways, which is ideal for the VN- VS parcel shelves.

You should be able to get these from places like Repco, they may have them in stock or may have to order them.