Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

60th Anniversary accessories

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I am quite taken by the chrome door handle surrounds on the 60th Calais. Do you reckon that is a factory fit only or a fit holden might do for me. I guess there is no harm in asking them, except for the shock I get when they tell me the cost.

GregV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
i think the pontiac G8 get the chrome door surrounds as standard and see that a couple of australian websites sell them the standard black door surrounds for $400 to $500 USD. Maybe some of the US guys want to do a straight swap, there are quite a few G8 forums around. They say that some replaceable clips get broken but other than that are easy to remove and replace once you get the side mirrors off. They look pretty easy to ship flat packed.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Do you mean that little chrome bit around the exterior door handles?

I reckon that looks great too :D but if youre going to go to holden, expect to pay an arm and a leg :p

You'll probably have to get new door handles (the 60th anni ones - obviously :p) and then get them painted... holden quoted me $80 per handle to paint and i baught chrome handles for about $240 for the set.. Im guessing since its brand new and coz its on a special edition it might be a bit more.. soo maybe expect to pay about $560 + all up??

thats just a guess, seeing as im going off different handles but i wouldnt be suprised if its about that (watch me be completly wrong haha)

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Homart sell ve chrome door handles, werent too bad a price either

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
ive seen a black omega with the painted black handles with the chrome pinstrip around the outsides. It was sitting outside holden while my car was being serviced :) so.. yes.