Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

60th Father's birthday present. Help Please!

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Hi guys, my Dad will celebrate his 60th birthday soon and I need some ideas on a present. So far my older brother has got one of those special papers from paper house which is from his birthday in 1946.

I could get him something like a very expensive Scotch or nuts, but that doesn't do it. I want something that will not be consumed in 5 minutes but will be in his memory until he falls off the perch I guess.

I would love some ideas. If your Dad did or was going to turn 60, what did/would you get him for his birthday?

Thanks a lot,
Craig.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
take him on a mystery flight. where you show up at the airport with your tickets and fly somewhere for the day.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I could get him something like a very expensive Scotch or nuts, but that doesn't do it. I want something that will not be consumed in 5 minutes but will be in his memory until he falls off the perch I guess.

if he drank a bottle of scotch in 5 minutes he'd fall off the perch pretty quick:yeah:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi guys, my Dad will celebrate his 60th birthday soon and I need some ideas on a present. So far my older brother has got one of those special papers from paper house which is from his birthday in 1946.

I would love some ideas. If your Dad did or was going to turn 60, what did/would you get him for his birthday?

Thanks a lot,
Craig.

Get him a wheelchair :thumbsup: . If that doesn't do it for you, my gf flew her father to sydney and did a harbour bridge climb for his 60'th.

Reaper

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
i recon that mystry flight idea sounds good memorys are far better then objects.
for my gfs bday i took her for a hot air balloon ride and she loved it

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
there's a company somewhere down south that make watches out of a penny from the year of your choice. perhaps not the year he was born, but maybe the year he and your mum married

or, what about contacting an old friend or reli that he hasn't seen in years and get them together to catch up and share stories of the good ol' days?

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
my dad was born in 1947 :)

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
that mystery flight sounds pretty good! for my dads 50th i took him 2 calder and got him a few laps in one of the v8s.. he had a blast!!
i plan 2 get him a walking stick for his 60th.. get it engraved so it actually means something but at the time is funny as hell.. and later on he will need!! :p

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Please keep them coming :) A mystery flight isn't a good idea. It will only go to Tassie, Sydney or Adelaide 95% of the time. :(

He has been to those places in the last few years.