Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

69mm Throttle body any good...

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
hi
I got a vy v6 3.8 DUAL FUEL with none mods except for a 2/12 exhaust , i am thinking of getting a bigger 69mm throttle body from MACE Eng ,

So the question is are there any disadvantages of going for a bigger throttle body in short and long term over the engine..and also apart from a responsive throttle response what else can i expect .

Power goes up or stays same ..?
Fuel efficiency goes up , down or stays same....?

As i have read many people doing the upgrades but haven read any reviews about them..

Big E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss s2
Yer mate heaps better throttle response. No negative side effects that I've noticed. I've had one on my vt for 2 years and if you keep it clean it's heaps better than standard. I found I got better fuel economy from it. Hope this helps. You might also want to take a look at plenum spacers from mace. All worth the dollars spent.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
what type of lpg system do you have if you have a standard draw through system you may not see as big as responce as if you had vapor injection

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
i found it somewhat better than the standard one, however i probably wouldn't go spending all the money i did on it if i had my time again.. Monies better spent elsewhere really for more grunt, I found it a tad more awkward to move the car slowly with it, as when i slightly pressed the pedal the car tended to kind of shoot off.. But its not really a big problem