Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

69mm Throttle body Vy commodore

Frangiosa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore Acclaim
I finished installing my new throttle body and when i went to start it my engine light came on, is this supposed to happen or did I install it incorrectly

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Need a tune to suit for a start.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I finished installing my new throttle body and when i went to start it my engine light came on, is this supposed to happen or did I install it incorrectly

check the installation instructions from Maces website , that's where it came from presumably , and also wraith is correct , you will need a tune to suit , as the shift points if it's an auto will play up .

Frangiosa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore Acclaim
cheers, I've just ordered the mace reconfigured ecu to suit the mods

MACE

Reaction score
My apologies for the previous misinformation Frangiosa that another colleague of mine had provided you. Please refer to the details below.

It installed properly and everything is functioning correctly, the engine light will not come on 100% Please take the time to follow the steps on our throttle body trouble shooter as shown in the link below.

Throttle Body - Troubleshooter

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve