Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6L50 / 6L80 Conversion Project

caeo

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VZ Ute S
As above, keep up the good work. When it pisses you of, just walk away, There is always tomorrow, or the next, or next week or a 2 or 3 or 4 weeks? :)
Your already there, but as you have already said, you may want to add other features. Its only making it better for you, or whoever you sell the controllers to.:)
Thank you. I'm more motivated to work on this project, even if I have less time.

My partner ran the numbers and we think we need to sell at least 50 controllers / installations to be viable.

Reactions: Lex

caeo

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VZ Ute S
Making leaps and bounds on the software and tuning side. The code base is better and I'm catching up with GM's own feature set.

By digging around and finding out how GM's adaptive learning works, I can maybe make my own version that acts as a tuning assistance. It won't engage until you request it and it'll try to sort out shift pressure / timings by itself.

Currently I'm just tinkering around with clutch application graphs. I think I've cracked the code tho.

Reactions: Lex

caeo

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VZ Ute S
Keep up the good work mate. All extremely interesting; even for a manual nut like me!
Haha thank you. I think for my next project car I'll go a manual :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
SAE International has lots of technical papers that goes into auto transmission clutch/band application issues w.r.t. fluid temperature, shift harshness., etc... All for purchase or accessible via subscription.

Found one technical paper floating freely on the www and it was an interesting read but no longer have the hyperlink to it...

Maybe you can find something interesting but looking at what SAE has to offer and then searching on title for a copy in the wild ;)

https://www.sae.org/publications/collections/content/coll-tp-00365/explore/?pg=2